Monday, October 15, 2012

Tricks I followed to remember the EEF and OPA inputs and mnemonics for TT
I memorized the page 43 in PMBOK and I practiced writing it over and over again. Once written, I followed the below technique to remember EEF and OPA inputs
                Highlighted all the process that had both EEF and OPA as inputs in green
                Highlighted all the process that only had OPA as inputs in yellow
                Highlighted all the process that didn’t have any OPA or EEF as input in orange
Practiced this for couple of times and I could easily remember it later. I know for the exam they’ll only give you a pencil and not colorful highlighters. So once I memorized it based on the colors, I wrote the processes and underlined the process that has only OPA as input and put an ‘X’ mark for the process that had noneand all the rest of the process has both OPA and EEF as i/ps.
Mnemonics
Here are the mnemonics I used to remember, some of them might sound funny but that’s how I remembered it J I like relating something funny .I combined them with the ones I learned from PMZILLA.
Again for this I wrote the process chart in page 43 and the mnemonics in paranthesis.I’ll start from planning. All mnemonics are tools and techniques unless otherwise specified.
Planning
Define Scope (APE F) – from PMZILLA
Define activities (DERT) – PMZILLA
Activity resources (APE BP) – APE had BP
Duration estimates (APE TR) APE had TRaining
Develop Schedule (SCCRWLSS) – SCCReWLoSS
Cost estimated (APE BP TR CV) – APE had BP and got TRained and prepared Curriculum Vitae
Determine Budget (CHEF R)
Plan Quality – CCCB SPADF – From PMZILLA
Identify Risks (DICE ADS) DICE the ADS
Plan Procurement Outputs – PMP PSC
Executing I/p & O/p
Only Acquire team has both EEF and OPA has i/p but none of them are updated as o/ps
Develop team has no EEF or OPA as i/p but EEF is updated in the O/p
Manage team has only OPA as i/p but both OPA and EEF are updated in O/P
For QA and Manage stakeholders there are only 4 o/p and are Change requests,Proj mngmt plan updates, document updates and OPA updates
For distribute info only one o/p – OPA updates – need to study what are updated thoroughly
Monitoring & Controlling
Control scope O/p – the usual 4 for M+C process group i.e Change request,OPA upd,Proj mngmt plan upd and doc upd + WPI
Control schedule O/P – Usual 4 + WPI
Control Cost –O/p – usual 4 +WPI + Budget forecasts (because we have funding requirements in I/p)
Quality control –
has two measurements i.e i/p has work performance measurements and o/p has QC measurements
                O/p has validated changes because i/p is Approved Change requests
                O/p has validated deliverables because i/p is Deliverables
                And the usual 4 o/ps
Control risks – O/p the usual 4 + risk register updates
Admin procurements – the usual 4 but instead of document updates it is procurement documentation
QC FISH SCRAP C
Control risks (RRRVST) RRR VeST

-----------------------------------------------------
First 15 minutes wrote my page 43 along with all mnemonics and the formulas. Started exam and got settled in after a few minutes. The exam was moderately tough. There were many questions related to TT and O/Ps and I./ps which was direct .I did refer my brain dump couple of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment